SEQUAL Discontinuing Operations
16 March 2017
SEQUAL, also known as Senior Australians Equity Release Association of Lenders, has discontinued its operations as at 31st January this year.
While Heartland ceased to be a member of SEQUAL in 2015, we were a foundation member of the association, and we acknowledge SEQUAL's considerable impact on the equity release industry and its attainment of the goals it set out to achieve including:
- Advocating a dignified and secure retirement for all Australian home owners.
- Promotion of an understanding of senior’s equity release to consumers and other stakeholders.
- Ensuring its members adhered to “Consumer Protection Principles” standards to foster consumer confidence.
To a large extent SEQUAL are victims of their own success, as most of the consumer protections within their code effectively became enshrined in law via NCCP legislation leaving the industry bodies protocols obsolete.
Heartland continues to experience strong borrower demand for our loan, with the economic climate seemingly right for equity release:
- An aging population, higher property prices and increasing indebtedness are all contributing to an increase in demand for home equity release options.
- Heartland Seniors Finance has an award winning, socially responsible and ethical product that protects customers and helps them live a better retirement with independence and dignity.
Heartland has access to brokers who specialise in reverse mortgage loans across Australia. If you are interested in a Reverse Mortgage and would like to meet with an accredited specialist in person to discuss a Heartland Seniors Finance loan, simply give us a call on 1300 889 338 or email us at [email protected] and we can arrange this for you.
If you are a mortgage broker who would like more information, simply email our Distribution Team at [email protected] or give us a call on 1300 662 865 to discuss how we can work together.
Information provided is accurate as at 16 March 2017 and may change from time to time