Power play: how to cut your electricity bill
24 August 2018
With the cost of energy continuing to increase, it pays to be energy efficient. Here are some handy tips, some of which can also add value to your home:
- Review your existing plan to ensure it is right for you.
- Negotiate with your existing provider (they want your business!).
- See if they can offer a prompt payment or direct debit discount.
- Many offer instalment plans, or bill smoothing, which are great options to avoid an irregular, big bills.
- There are energy comparison sites that can help you get a better deal – www.energymadeeasy.gov.au is an independent government website that can help you get started.
Heartland’s Reverse Mortgage also has a Regular Advance option which could help supplement your income, to take the stress out of everyday bills.
This is a monthly, quarterly or annual payment over five or ten years.
Information provided is accurate as at 24 August 2018 and may change from time to time.